Washington Appellate Consultations
While the Masters Law Group, PLLC team typically handles appeals from start to finish, we happily tailor our services to suit each individual case. Attorney Ken Masters takes the lead on most our appellate consultations. For nearly three decades, Ken has focused his practice on appeals. Few Washington attorneys have his appellate experience, knowledge, and reputation. As the founding partner of Masters Law Group, PLLC, Ken works with his partner of 20 years, Shelby Frost Lemmel, his wife of 30 years, Kara Masters (Of Counsel), and MLG’s outstanding staff, providing premier appellate guidance.
Support and Guidance on Appeals
Appellate rules and procedures significantly differ from those in the trial courts. It is imperative to align your appeal with the appellate courts’ requirements. We can assist in all areas of civil appeals.
- Our team consults with trial counsel on potential appellate issues, preserving such issues on summary judgment or during trial.
- We team with trial counsel at the outset of a case, discussing cutting-edge issues that might give rise to an appeal, and offering an appellate-eye-view of potential issues where the law is unclear or unsettled.
- We consult with trial counsel and/or monitor trials to spot issues and preserve errors on summary judgment or during trial.
- We consult on jury instructions, final orders, and post-trial motions.
- We help preserve issues for appeal, also assisting with summary judgment and other motions.
- Finally, we consult with trial lawyers handling their own appeals. In those cases, we bring over 75 years of appellate experience to bear, but from behind the scenes.
Let us know if our extensive experience can be of assistance to you before an appeal or at any time during the appellate process.
A Distinguished Appellate Career
Ken is honored to be named a “Top 10” Washington “Super Lawyer,” “ranked #1” in 2019, and “ranked #2” in 2018 and 2020. Ken has also been listed in “The Best Lawyers in America” (appeals). For well over a decade, Ken has been chosen as a “Top 100” Washington Lawyer, and he received a Lifetime Achievement Award from America’s Top 100 Lawyers®. Ken served as President of the Washington Appellate Lawyers Association from 2007 to 2013, has chaired the King County Bar Association’s Appellate Section, and is a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and of the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers.
The Necessary Appellate Experience and Perspective
Besides his awards and recognitions, Ken Masters has demonstrated extensive successful experience in both state and federal appellate cases for decades. Call 206-536-2539 to set up a meeting with Ken and our team regarding your appellate needs. You can also reach Ken at the firm by sending an inquiry email.